Quality Control Supervisor
Montane are looking to appoint a Quality Control Supervisor to lead the planning and implementation of quality inspections of incoming stock across all product categories. Working with our current QC Inspector to ensure that all products are assessed in a timely manner from arriving in the warehouse to dispatching to our customers, this role will predominantly be based at our Northumberland HQ, with the potential for regular visits to our Asia based suppliers for monitoring quality on the line and quality training.
- Be responsible for improving quality management systems across a broad product base, including garments, accessories, backpacks and sleeping bags.
- Plan and carry out QC inspections across all products arriving in the company warehouse.
- Conduct a thorough inspection of a sample set of each product following the company quality standards.
- Measuring a size range within each product style.
- Assess TOP product with a quick turnaround to prevent delays in shipment. Look to resolve major issues and faults directly with suppliers, working with the Technical Manager and Production Manager where needed.
- Document findings and compile a report for each product, and for each individual drop of a product, in a supplier friendly format.
- Issue reports to factories, and follow up as required.
- Travel to our Asian factories on a seasonal basis to monitor and assess products during production.
- Be responsible for setting standards for the quality aspects of the company supplier manual and proactively and diligently enforce the standards with suppliers.
- Oversee rectification and re-processing if required.
- Instruct and monitor additional workers when brought in to assist on larger inspections.
- Analyse the customer returns data for common faults, identifying ways to improve and eliminate.
- Carry out testing as required.
- Work with the technical and operations teams to establish strategies for change and implement preventative measures in relation to quality and ensure there are continuous improvements.
- Previous experience from a similar role in quality control.
- An excellent understanding of garment construction, size charts and grading, and how to measure.
- Awareness of the importance of attention to detail and how this can affect sales and reputation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A dynamic person who is a good communicator with the ability to form strong relationships with supplier staff at production sites.
- Ability to be flexible and travel to Asia as required.
- Computer literate, and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel for reporting purposes.
- Good organisation skills, and an ability to work independently to plan their own workload and time.
- Familiarity with technical outdoor products, including clothing, hats, gloves, backpacks and sleeping bags would be an advantage.
Apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to Natalie Young firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th January 2018