Featherlite™ Vélo JacketULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT, ENDURANCE BIKE JACKET
Fabric denier: 30D + 30D Rip
Rear and back forearms: PEAQ Air
Zip: YKK reverse coil semi-auto
Weight (approx.): 135g / 4.8oz (M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fit: Active Bike
View SS15 Size Chart
- PERTEX® Microlight outer that is windproof, fast drying and features a remarkable durable water repellent finish
- PEAQ Air fabric allows enhanced air permeability and allows heat and perspiration to escape whilst working hard
- French seams throughout for extra strength, quality and weather resistance
- Bike specific active cut with articulated, extra length arms and extended drop tail
- MONTANE® ‘Afterburner’ vents on rear
- Full length, YKK semi-auto front zip with anti-snag baffle and wind-strip
- Low bulk elasticated cuffs which can be pulled up the forearms to aid cooling
- Elasticated hem to reduce weather entry and heat loss
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflective trim including rear view strips
- MONTANE® stuff sac for storage
PERTEX® Microlight Mini-Rip-stop
52g/m² 30D x 30D 100% nylon mini rip-stop
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
Bluesign® certified fabric: manufactured to strict environmental standards using safe production methods which eliminate the use of harmful substances
88g/m² lightweight nylon rip-stop
Water repellent and wind resistant
Ideally suited for areas where maximum breathability is key
- The Featherlite™ Vélo Jacket uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C/104°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
My favourite Windproof/waterproof cycling jacket
I have purchased the Featherlite jacket 3-4 years ago so I’ve put it through a lot of abuse. Ever since then I did not get a different one. The jacket has everything I need for my commute or week-end cycles. I live on the west coast of Ireland with rain and wind constant companions. This jacket protects me from both and the extra additional chill factor. I often came soaked from cycles, but never cold. The jacket is light, easy to carry around and waterproof. I would warmly recommend it to anyone.
Author: Radu Toma
I have one of these jackets and its saved me from hyperthermia more than once. The jacket folders up rediculiously small and it a great fit. It has hi-vis sections to make you more visable and the cuffs are great and secure. I'd recommend it
Good Bike Jacket
I been using one of these jackets for a while for work, teaching mountain biking, it is great for keeping warm at the start of a ride whipping off when it gets hot and it packs so small so it doesn't take up space in the bag. We have also started giving the same jackets to the clients for the same reasons. If there is a downfall it is they don't react well to being thown down the track with the rider inside but then body armour is probably needed not jacket ...
Author: Tim Pickering
Super light and packable
Great for cooler spring / autumn rides or just as a general emergency windproof. It easily stuffs into a jersey pocket and you hardly notice it's there. It's breathable enough that you don't sweat too much when riding hard, and in a light shower it keeps the rain off long enough to get home.
Author: David Lane
There are currently no accolades for this product.