Featherlite™ Marathon JacketENDURANCE WINDPROOF TRAIL JACKET
Fabric denier: 30D + 30D Rip
Underarm and forearm fabric: PEAQ Air
Zip: YKK Reverse coil semi-auto
Steel / Shadow
Electric blue / Shadow / Tangerine zips
Red / Shadow
Weight: 130g / 4.6oz (SIZE M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Trail Running / Alpine Running / Mountain Marathon
View Size Chart
- PERTEX® Microlight outer that is windproof, fast drying and features a remarkable durable water repellent finish
- PEAQ Air fabric allows enhanced air permeability and allows heat and perspiration to escape whilst working hard on the trail
- French seams throughout for extra strength, quality and weather resistance
- MONTANE® ‘Afterburner’ vents under arms
- Full length, semi-automatic YKK front zip with anti-snag baffle and wind-strip
- Low bulk elasticated cuffs which can be pulled up forearms to aid cooling
- Adjustable hem to prevent weather entry and heat loss
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflective trim # MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
PERTEX® Microlight - Mini-Rip-stop
52g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
88g/m² lightweight nylon rip-stop
Water repellent and wind resistant
Ideally suited for areas where maximum breathability is key
Retro reflection technology
Lightweight and flexible glass bead structure
Light rays are returned in the direction from which they came, keeping the wearer safe and seen
- The Featherlite™ Marathon Jacket uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C/104°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
My new favorite running jacket
I have long been searching for a light wind/light rain jacket that I could also use ase a running jacket. This jacket was what I stumbled upon and wow am I am happy! Is is incredibly light, looks good and has an athletic fight. I actually choose a size larger than my normal size because I read somewhere that Montane is smaller than usual - so keep that in mind! The jacket is my new favorite clothing and is always with me in my backpack.
Author: Christian Pedersen
Super light and super packable
Having used the Montane Jetstream Jacket for the previous 4 years (I lost it in the mountains somewhere!) I was confident that the Featherlite™ Marathon Jacket would be as capable a performer as the Jetstream. I am not dissapointed, despite being slightly heavier the Marathon if anything is better. The Jetstream tended to steam up when "giving it some welly", the vents on the Marathon do a great job of keeping things fresh. What makes the Featherlite™ Marathon Jacket the best wind/shower proof jacket on the market is it's packable size and low weight. Great for stashing in a daysack when out on the fells or out on the bike. Just the job for hilly races or triathlons when "full body" cover is a prerequisite but you want to keep the weight down.
Author: Keith Mawdsley
I love this jacket, it goes on virtually every outing. It is a great jacket to wear on winter walk-ins coupled with a base layer. Sweat just wicks away and once at the climb it disappears into the smallest space in your pack and you can be into nice dry cloths before your climb. Also gets used as a windproof all year round, one the hills, at crags, running jacket, and when out mountain biking. Seems to take a lot of punishment without showing much wear and tear. The fit is quite slim but no different to other montane jackets. For the extra lightweight aficionados, go for a smock. The lack of a zip reduces the size quite a bit.
Author: Paul Davies
Crackingly lightweight and durable, fiddly zip.
disadvantages: zip pull is very fiddly, esp with cold hands. lack of pockets I compared this to a buffalo windshirt, but the buffalo isn't featherlight so maybe a different category. It can be used as smock if half zipped, negating the zip issues somewhat. packs down into a tiny bundle, great windrpoofing and thus warmth, combined with helly long sleeve.
Barely Notice It
Love this. Barely notice it apart from keeping the chill out. Excellent for night time runs due to the hi vis colouring. Packs to nothing.
Author: Dan Connors
Awesome quality running jacket
I wear this jacket for all my cold weather running and find it absolutely superb. Its so light that I dont notice i'm wearing it compared to other brand jackets I have had in the past. Only down side is lack of a pocket. I would happily sacrifice adding a bit of weight for somewhere to put my gloves hat etc when too warm. It amazes me how I dont feel the cold and wind when its minus 4 and blowing a gale. A seriosly awesome windstopper jacket
Author: Craig Keyworth
There are currently no accolades for this product.