Minimus SmockFAST AND HYPER LIGHT MOUNTAIN PULLOVER
Fabric denier: 15D + 40D Rip
Zips: YKK AquaGuard®
Black / Kiwi zips
Electric blue / Tangerine zips
Weight (approx.): 150g / 5.3oz (M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fit: Athletic Mountain
Activities: Trail Running / Backpacking / Mountain Marathon
View Size Chart
View Minimus Smock features and benefits
- PERTEX® Shield + provides exceptionally high fabric breathability at 25,000 MVTR with a 20,000mm hydrostatic head
- Micro-taped seams throughout increase breathable surface area
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Stretch bound hood ensures a snug fit around the face and a low profile underneath a climbing helmet.
- Pre-elasticated rear hood gives a close fit for swift, effective weather protection
- Mesh lined front bib pocket sized to fit large maps and featuring a YKK AquaGuard zip
½ length YKK AquaGuard® front zip with internal storm flapStretch bound cuffs and hem to prevent weather entry and heat loss
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflectivity
- MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
PERTEX® Shield +
53g/m² 2.5 layer 15 denier with a 40 denier rip-stop 100% nylon with microporous coating and internal 'mesh' print
Waterproof to a minimum of 20,000 hydrostatic head and with a minimum MVTR of 25,000g/m²/25hrs (JIS L 1099 B-1)
- The Minimus Smock uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 40°C/104°F with a mild soap. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your smock may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
Minimus Smock Tested
Spending lots of time outdoors in the British weather means it's important for me to have good kit! I needed a top that was light and small enough to pack into a bumbag for fell racing under FRA rules and also that I could wear whilst working; guiding runners and teaching navigation on the hill. First impressions were how incredibly light the Minimus was - I weighed the Small at only 136g! This is as light as my existing windproof. With its tiny pack size this makes it ideal as it fits in to my smallest bumbag leaving room for trousers, hat & gloves. I like the chest pocket which easliy accommodates a cut down map, compass, gels etc and is secured by the zip (with extension tabs to alleviate fumbling with gloved hands) The elasticated hem, cuffs and hood all give a snug fit. (I much prefer this to a drawcord hem which dangles and irritates me) Whilst running hard in wet conditions I did notice some condensation on the inside of the smock, but I have never found a jacket that doesn't suffer from this. As well as the features the Electric Blue & Tangerine colours make for a really good looking jacket. My main concern with such a light top is how durable it will be - only time will tell on that. The verdict: Really like it both aesthetically and functionally. Hope it lasts- 5 stars if it does!
Author: Dave Taylor
There are currently no accolades for this product.