Minimus JacketA REVOLUTIONARY COMBINATION OF PERFORMANCE, WEIGHT AND BREATHABILITY
Fabric denier: 15D + 40D Rip
Centre front zip: YKK AquaGuard®
Chest pocket zip: YKK reverse coil
Vivid green / Alpine red zips
Weight (approx.): 232g / 8.2oz (M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
FIT: Active Mountain
Activities: Trail Running / Backpacking / Mountain Marathon / Biking / Travel
View Size Chart
View Minimus Jacket features and benefits
- PERTEX® Shield + provides exceptionally high fabric breathability at 25,000 MVTR and a 20,000mm hydrostatic head
- Micro-taped seams throughout to increase breathable surface area
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible mountain hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Mesh ventilated, map-sized, YKK zippered chest pocket
- Internal D-ring inside chest pocket for secure key storage
- Full length YKK AquaGuard front zip with internal storm flap and rain drain
- Adjustable hem to prevent weather entry and heat loss
- Shaped cuffs with adjustable hook and loop tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ reflectivity
- MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
PERTEX® Shield +
53g/m² 2.5 layer 15 denier with a 40 denier rip-stop 100% nylon with microporous coating and internal 'mesh' print
Waterproof to a minimum of 20,000 hydrostatic head and with a minimum MVTR of 25,000g/m²/25hrs (JIS L 1099 B-1)
- The Minimus Jacket uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
Minimus Jacket / Maximum performance
The Minimus is the most versatile jacket you'll find. Light enough to use for running on the fells and mountain marathons yet robust enough for use making first ascents of himalayan peaks at 6000m. Waterproof, extremely breathable and compact, full of features like the wired hood and great fit make it the jacket for all occassions.
Author: Paul Figg
This is without doubt the best, (lightest, smallest packed, quality of fit and materials) light weight / running jacket I have ever owned. Growing up within/around the clothes manufacturing industry I have worn/owned EVERY jacket from almost every company going - nothing, and I do mean nothing comes close to the quality of Montane - To own just one of their clothes is to look to own all of them! ~ james :)
Author: James Bailey
One of the lightest shell that'll keep you dry
Well, nothing will keep you dry forever but this jacket is the best I've had. And lightest too! I'm really impressed by the Pertex Shield+ fabric. I bought this for my coast to coast walk in Scotland it worked beautifully. Not only it keeps me dry but it breaths so well I've occationally left my windbreaker home and used this instead. The jacket is longer at the back so I'm also using it for bike commuting. I own several Montane garments and I'm really happy with them all.
Author: Antti Tirilä
Great for Ultras
I have taken this jacket on the West Highland Way Race and the Highland Fling. For the WHW it rained on me for 14 hours, most of that pretty hard rain. The jacket kept me dry, and most importantly warm. You will always sweat in a jacket like this, but the Minimus ceratinly keeps that down to a minimum. I also to the jacket to the Fling this year, it did not rain, so I really enjoyed the fact I could stuff this into my pack, with the minimum of extra weight. Great product, very well made, would happily buy at full price. One word to sum it up; Awesome.
Author: Sonny Winston
Extremely light. It is by far the best shell I have ever owned. I have used it in torrential downpours and have stayed completely dry. It breathes very well. The cut is very athletic so I would recommend a size larger than one would normally order.
Author: Wayne Howell
Superb jacket when space at a premium!
I bought one of these for the hadrians wall 69 mile ultra marathon in June. It was amazing,lightweight and most importantly waterproof. The fact that it can be packed away so easily is a massive bonus and it is so lightweight. Would definitely recommend.
Author: Jonathan bygrave
Great mountain running jacket
Slim set of features help keep the weight right down. Those features that are included are generally well thought out. Great to have a hood that you can run in without too much distress. The hood can either be folded away completely and secured with a tab of velcro ...or more usually for the lazy just sits back on the neck without inflating at the slightest gust of wind or flapping around, like some hoods I've had. The mini-wired peak works well. I've used it several times at endurance pace in snow, drizzly and rainy conditions and it's never got too sweaty. Harder efforts will accumulate damp but the breathability is pretty good considering. One minor tweak I might make is fractionally shorter arms, but possibly in high mountain and really foul conditions you might feel the benefit of the protection on the back of the hands? Small enough to go in a bumbag with the rest of your fell race gear, light enough to stick in your sac for a 'just in case' jacket.
Author: Steve R
Light weight but bomb proof.
I've had this jacket for a while now and normally carry it/use it in town or gentle walks/bike rides when gentle rain is expected. (For which it is excellent). But this winter I had lost my main waterproof coat and was going up to the highlands for some winter walking. So, I used this coat instead with doubt that it would perform for the weekend, but it did! Despite rain and slush and snow, it kept me dry and free from windy gusts. Just amazing for the lightness and thinness of the material. Incredible product!
Author: Nathan Savory
Awarded Best Value
One of Top 5 Funktionsjacken
Outdoor Photography Magazine
Awarded 'Best in test'
Outdoor Gear Lab
Awarded 'Top Pick'