Fast Alpine Stretch Neo JacketHYPER BREATHABLE STRETCH TECHNICAL CLIMBING SHELL
ice climbing or ski-mountaineering.
The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket has been designed and featured for a wide range of backcountry winter adventures. Featuring a PERTEX® snow skirt, technical climbing helmet hood, low profile hem cordlocks and an active, technical fit that can happily accommodate cold weather layering. Fabric: POLARTEC® NeoShell® Stretch
Fabric denier: 50D + 50D Rip
Reinforcement fabric: DIAMOND FACE
Snow skirt fabric: PERTEX® Microlight
Zips: YKK Aqua Guard® VISLON® and YKK matte Aqua Guard®
Black / Kiwi zips
Electric blue / Tangerine zips
Weight: 596g /21oz (SIZE M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Fast Alpine / Ice Climbing / Mountaineering / Ski Mountaineering
View Size Chart
View Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket features and benefits
- Constructed from hyper breathable POLARTEC® NeoShell Stretch fabric; perfect for use in high exertion activities
- NeoShell fabric technology gives an increased airflow during high activity when compared to conventional waterproof breathable fabrics, allowing for improved convection of moisture vapour
- Bonded DIAMOND FACE fabric on shoulders and forearms to protect against rock abrasion, rucksack straps and shoulder-hooked ice axes
- 13mm micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area
- 12 – 13 stitch count on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Tailored with technical ice climbing movements in mind and designed to be worn in conjunction with a climbing harness
- Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and biceps
- Slightly larger chest and bicep measurements combined with an athletic fit in the body allows for winter layering and maximum micro-climate creation
- PERTEX® Microlight windproof internal waist snow skirt to prevent weather and spindrift entry
- Snow skirt top and bottom drawcord continuous loop adjustment
- POLARTEC® NeoShell front placket with ‘snaps’ for security
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible mountain hood with three points of adjustment
- Hood visor stiffened with a wire on the lip for adjustability
- Pre-elasticated compression at the rear neck to minimise excess fabric when hood is not used with a climbing helmet
- Internal elastic loop combined with hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Bonded and stitched hood channels for extra strength
- Single hand adjustable elasticated face aperture with ‘floating’ cordlocks and internal cord exit for simplicity and improved functionality
- Two deep A-line pockets with YKK matte Aqua Guard® zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- Left arm sleeve pocket with YKK matte Aqua Guard® zip
- All external pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- YKK zips are both stitched and bonded into the seams
- External zips feature easy grab U-shaped pulls for use with gloves or mitts
- Internal left hand side bonded mesh pocket with Velcro closure
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK Aqua Guard® VISLON® front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
- Internal storm flap with rain drain edge behind centre front zip together with low profile, durable Duraflex® Thinna® press stud to secure hem prevent further weather entry
- Easy grab U-shaped pull on centre front zip for use with gloves or mitts
COLLAR AND CUFFS
- Bonded brushed fine microfleece on inner collar facings next to mouth, chin and rear neck
- Roll over beardguard prevents YKK zip from contacting the chin or mouth
- Shaped ‘ratchet cuffs’ that are bonded for durability and glove / mitt compatible for extra adjustability and security in storm conditions
- Low profile embedded cuff Velcro
- D-ring sewn in upper sleeve to attach glove or mitt cord
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop LOWER HEM
- Bonded lower adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- MONTANE® ‘penny cordlocks’ on lower hem sides to create a low profile for comfort under climbing or rucksack harness
POLARTEC® NeoShell® Stretch
136g/m² nylon 50 denier rip-stop with mechanical stretch properties
Waterproof to a minimum of 10,000mm hydrostatic head with a minimum 0.2 CFM and a maximum 1.0 CFM
Hydrophobic and microporous PU membrane with a tightly controlled pore size to enhance breathability and air flow
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
PERTEX® Microlight - Rip-stop
53g/m² 100% Polyamide rip-stop weave
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
259g/m² nylon with 160 denier 'Diamond Face' durable weave
Waterproof to a minimum of 20,000 hydrostatic head with a minimum MVTR of 10,000g/m²/24hrs
Tough rip-stop weave for excellent abrasion resistance
Three layer construction with tricot lining
- The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket uses POLARTEC® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Why not be the first to write one?
There are currently no accolades for this product.