Fast Alpine Stretch Neo JacketHYPER BREATHABLE STRETCH TECHNICAL CLIMBING SHELL
Designed for fast-paced, non-stop technical climbing where the primary need is for hyper breathability and weather protection. The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket is so breathable it blurs the line between “hard” and “soft” shell and can comfortably be worn continuously during heavy athletic exertion, such as ice climbing or ski-mountaineering.
The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket has been designed and featured for a wide range of backcountry winter adventures. Featuring a PERTEX® snow skirt, technical climbing helmet hood, low profile hem cordlocks and an active, technical fit that can happily accommodate cold weather layering. Fabric: POLARTEC® NeoShell® Stretch
Fabric denier: 50D + 50D Rip
Reinforcement fabric: DIAMOND FACE
Snow skirt fabric: PERTEX® Microlight Mini Rip-stop
Zips: YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® and YKK matte AquaGuard®
Shadow / Alpine red zips - NEW
Black / Kiwi zips
Electric blue / Tangerine zips
Weight (approx.): 600g / 21.2oz (M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Fast Alpine / Ice Climbing / Mountaineering / Ski Mountaineering
View Size Chart
View Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket features and benefits
- Constructed from hyper breathable POLARTEC® NeoShell Stretch fabric; perfect for use in high exertion activities
- NeoShell fabric technology gives an increased airflow during high activity when compared to conventional waterproof breathable fabrics, allowing for improved convection of moisture vapour
- Bonded DIAMOND FACE fabric on shoulders and forearms to protect against rock abrasion, rucksack straps and shoulder-hooked ice axes
- 13mm micro-taped seams to increase breathable surface area
- 12 – 13 stitch count on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
- 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
- Tailored with technical ice climbing movements in mind and designed to be worn in conjunction with a climbing harness
- Technical tailoring to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
- Articulated arms with engineered tailoring to prevent seams constricting over elbows and biceps
- Slightly larger chest and bicep measurements combined with an athletic fit in the body allows for winter layering and maximum micro-climate creation
- PERTEX® Microlight Mini Rip-stop windproof internal waist snow skirt to prevent weather and spindrift entry
- Snow skirt top and bottom drawcord continuous loop adjustment
- POLARTEC® NeoShell front placket with ‘snaps’ for security
- Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible mountain hood with three points of adjustment
- Hood visor stiffened with a wire on the lip for adjustability
- Pre-elasticated compression at the rear neck to minimise excess fabric when hood is not used with a climbing helmet
- Internal elastic loop combined with hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
- Bonded and stitched hood channels for extra strength
- Single hand adjustable elasticated face aperture with ‘floating’ cordlocks and internal cord exit for simplicity and improved functionality
- Two deep A-line pockets with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned well clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- Left arm sleeve pocket with YKK matte AquaGuard® zip
- All external pockets feature shaped zip garages to prevent further weather entry
- YKK zips are both stitched and bonded into the seams
- External zips feature easy grab U-shaped pulls for use with gloves or mitts
- Internal left hand side bonded mesh pocket with hook and loop closure
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
- Full length YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
- Internal storm flap with rain drain edge behind centre front zip together with low profile, durable press stud to secure hem prevent further weather entry
- Easy grab U-shaped pull on centre front zip for use with gloves or mitts
COLLAR AND CUFFS
- Bonded brushed fine microfleece on inner collar facings next to mouth, chin and rear neck
- Roll over beardguard prevents YKK zip from contacting the chin or mouth
- Shaped ‘ratchet cuffs’ that are bonded for durability and glove / mitt compatible for extra adjustability and security in storm conditions
- Low profile embedded cuff hook and loop adjustment
- D-ring sewn in upper sleeve to attach glove or mitt cord
- Rear external MONTANE® hang loop
- Bonded lower adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- MONTANE® ‘penny cordlocks’ on lower hem sides to create a low profile for comfort under climbing or rucksack harness
POLARTEC® NeoShell® Stretch
136g/m² nylon 50 denier rip-stop with mechanical stretch properties
Waterproof to a minimum of 10,000mm hydrostatic head with a minimum 0.2 CFM and a maximum 1.0 CFM
Hydrophobic and microporous PU membrane with a tightly controlled pore size to enhance breathability and air flow
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
PERTEX® Microlight Mini-Rip-stop
52g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
259g/m² nylon with 160 denier 'Diamond Face' durable weave
Waterproof to a minimum of 20,000 hydrostatic head with a minimum MVTR of 10,000g/m²/24hrs
Tough rip-stop weave for excellent abrasion resistance
Three layer construction with tricot lining
- The Fast Alpine Stretch Neo Jacket uses POLARTEC® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your jacket may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Why not be the first to write one?
There are currently no accolades for this product.