Prism PantsULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT SUPER PACKABLE MOUNTAIN LEGWEAR INSULATION
Filling: PRIMALOFT® ECO 40g
Lining: PEAQ Synthetic
Zips: YKK Reverse coil semi-auto
Colour: Black / Graphite lining
Weight: 295g / 10.4oz (SIZE M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL. Available in regular leg length only
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Fast Alpine / Mountaineering / Mountain Walking / High Trekking / Backpacking / Basecamp / Mountain Marathon / Biking
View Size Chart
View Prism Pants features and benefits
- PERTEX® Microlight outer fabric that is completely windproof, fast drying and features exceptional durable water repellency
- 40g PRIMALOFT® ECO insulation throughout is warm, packable and exceptionally fast drying
- Articulated knees and diamond crotch for high step movement
- ¼ length side zips for access, ventilation and the ability to pull over trail footwear
- Press stud ankle adjustment for tight fit against footwear and to prevent heat loss
- SCOTCHLITE™ reflective details for mountain safety
- MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
133g/m², 100g/m², 60g/m² and 40g/m² performance synthetic mid-loft insulation
Warm when wet and fast drying
Wind resistant and water repellent
Compresses like down
Fibres produced from post-consumer and post-industrial plastic waste
Minimum of 50% recycled content
PERTEX® Microlight - Mini-Rip-stop
52g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
56g/m² ultra soft nylon plain weave
Exceptional comfort next to skin
Highly breathable and fast drying
Retro reflection technology
Lightweight and flexible glass bead structure
Light rays are returned in the direction from which they came, keeping the wearer safe and seen
- The Prism Pants use PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier in keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your pants may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommends Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
Perfect In A Cairngorm Snow Hole
After a long day on the hill and hours of digging into a snow hole, you get cold really quickly through energy depletion and damp gear. These insulated trousers are a revelation, warm when damp from the base layer, spindrift and drips from the warming snow hole, all in a very light and small package that isn't a problem to pack. After years as an Arctic Warfare Instructor with the Marines and leading snow hole trips in Scotland as a Winter ML, accepting a cold lower body at night, rather than carry extra gear, I fear I have gone soft. I wouldn't go without them now. Great piece of kit.
Author: Clive Gray
used this pants as a middle layer on mt Elbrus. nice and warm, would be perfect if it could unzip 3/4 of the legs.
Author: johan åberg
These are brilliant pants. They are super light and super warm. Much loved on a trip to Alaska after skiing & staying in a basic hut. The only downside is that the sizing is very stingy. They aren't made for women but I wore a Men's medium so probably go up a size otherwise the waist elastic could be tight. Only improvement would be a small pocket.
Author: Susie Amann
There are currently no accolades for this product.