Prism PantsULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT SUPER PACKABLE MOUNTAIN LEGWEAR INSULATION
Filling: 40g PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO
Lining: PEAQ Synthetic
Zips: YKK reverse coil semi-auto
Black / Graphite lining
Weight (approx.): 295g / 10.4oz (M)
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL. Available in regular leg length only.
Fit: Active Mountain
Activities: Fast Alpine / Mountaineering / Mountain Walking / High Trekking / Backpacking / Basecamp / Mountain Marathon / Biking
View Size Chart
View Prism Pants features and benefits
- PERTEX® Microlight Mini Rip-stop outer fabric that is completely windproof, fast drying and features exceptional durable water repellency
- 40g PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO insulation throughout is warm, packable and exceptionally fast drying
- Articulated knees and diamond crotch for step high movement
- ¼ length side leg zips for access, ventilation and the ability to pull over trail footwear
- Press stud ankle adjustment for tight fit against footwear and to prevent heat loss
- Reflective details for mountain safety
- MONTANE® stuff sac perfect for storage on the move
PRIMALOFT® SILVER ECO Insulation
133g/m², 100g/m², 60g/m², 40g/m² performance synthetic mid-loft insulation
Warm when wet and fast drying
Wind resistant and water repellent
Compresses like down
Fibres produced from post-consumer and post-industrial plastic waste
Minimum of 50% recycled content
PERTEX® Microlight Mini-Rip-stop
52g/m² 100% Polyamide mini rip-stop weave
Air permeability 1.0cc max (JIS L 1096 / ASTM D737)
Spray rating 80 / 20 (JIS L 1092)
Abrasion resistance 40,000+ at 12.5k PA (BS EN ISO 12947-2)
56g/m² ultra soft nylon plain weave
Exceptional comfort next to skin
Highly breathable and fast drying
- The Prism Vest uses PERTEX® fabric which contains a Durable Water Repellency (DWR) as the first barrier to keeping you dry. Clean your garment in order to maintain this.
- Machine wash in warm water at 30°C/86°F with a mild detergent. MONTANE® recommends that you use Nikwax Tech Wash.
- Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Drip dry.
- Your vest may need occasional re-proofing to restore the DWR. MONTANE® recommend Nikwax TX Direct.
- Please see www.nikwax.com for more information.
Perfect In A Cairngorm Snow Hole
After a long day on the hill and hours of digging into a snow hole, you get cold really quickly through energy depletion and damp gear. These insulated trousers are a revelation, warm when damp from the base layer, spindrift and drips from the warming snow hole, all in a very light and small package that isn't a problem to pack. After years as an Arctic Warfare Instructor with the Marines and leading snow hole trips in Scotland as a Winter ML, accepting a cold lower body at night, rather than carry extra gear, I fear I have gone soft. I wouldn't go without them now. Great piece of kit.
Author: Clive Gray
used this pants as a middle layer on mt Elbrus. nice and warm, would be perfect if it could unzip 3/4 of the legs.
Author: johan åberg
These are brilliant pants. They are super light and super warm. Much loved on a trip to Alaska after skiing & staying in a basic hut. The only downside is that the sizing is very stingy. They aren't made for women but I wore a Men's medium so probably go up a size otherwise the waist elastic could be tight. Only improvement would be a small pocket.
Author: Susie Amann
There are currently no accolades for this product.