MONTANE® is one of the world's fastest growing mountain clothing companies, our success built upon an uncompromising focus on innovation, quality and excellent customer service. Based in Northumberland we employ dynamic staff members and promote progressive thinking through a strong team spirit.
There is currently one vacancy available:
Senior Garment & Product Technologist
Montane is one of the fastest growing outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing and equipment for the mountains, where the design and performance are of the highest quality and are critical factors in the comfort and success of the wearer’s pursuit. We have an ambitious and dynamic team motivated by a love of the mountains and producing exceptional products.
Montane is recruiting for the position of Senior Garment & Product Technologist to join their busy Design & Development department.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, have exceptional attention to garment/product detail and construction and ideally be educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or have relevant experience developing apparel and equipment.
Working alongside the other Garment & Product Technologists and as part of the Design & Development Team, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Measure and quality check prototypes, samples and bulk production garments and accessories, which may include sleeping bags and backpacks
- Attend fit sessions with managers & designers and critique products for fit, quality and construction
- Make sure the most appropriate construction methods are used according to the product’s intended end use
- Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements to suppliers through sample comments
- Issue size chart and technical trim specifications for products on a seasonal basis
- Be proactive in tracking and requesting samples, adhering to a strict timetable
- Carry out product wash testing, and organise wear testing when required
- Create, issue and proof specifications for care labels and product packaging when required
- Approve fabric shipping samples, lab dips and trims.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Three/four years industry experience within a similar role
- Experience of working for a brand, preferably in the sports or outdoor industry, but this is not essential
- A high degree of planning and organisational skills
- A thorough understanding of garment manufacturing processes, construction, and quality control procedures
- Experience of dealing with offshore factories/suppliers on a daily basis
- Team player with the initiative to work independently and set own targets
- The ability to build positive relationships with team members and overseas suppliers
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines within a busy department
- Strong and effective communication skills
- The ability to travel internationally if required
- Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office competency.
Northumberland HQApplication closing date:
10th August 2015
To apply please submit by email a cover letter and C.V. in either .doc or .pdf format to email@example.com